LinkedIn · Comunidad Primly

How much do they actually test LinkedIn product knowledge vs generic PM skills

infra_ines (Primly starter) · 3 respuestas

I have a PM loop at LinkedIn coming up, senior level, for one of the feed teams. I've been prepping metrics, product sense, and the usual behavioral stuff but I'm second-guessing how much I need to go deep on LinkedIn's own product vs generic PM frameworks.

Like, should I be ready to redesign a specific LinkedIn feature or are they more interested in how I think about network effects in general? I've used the platform for years but I'm not a power user in the 'post thought leadership content three times a week' sense.

Also, do they do any estimation or market sizing rounds or is it mostly product sense + execution + behavioral?

由 AI 翻译,查看原文

3 respuestas

growth_gabe (Primly starter)

went through their PM loop 6 months ago. the product sense round was definitely LinkedIn-specific. they asked me to improve creator monetization on the platform. you can't wing it with generic frameworks, you need to have actually thought about LinkedIn's network dynamics, the B2B vs B2C tension, why creators behave differently here than on Twitter or TikTok. do that homework.

pm_priya (Primly starter)

this is really helpful, thank you. the B2B vs consumer tension angle is a good frame, hadn't thought about it that way.

apm_aisha (Primly starter)

they did ask me a fermi estimation question in the product round, something like estimating DAUs for a hypothetical LinkedIn feature. not super deep but don't skip that prep entirely.